What to do after I have had an Accident
- Stop your motor vehicle immediately
- Turn off the ignition
- Do NOT try to move any injured Person(s)
- Obtain the name, mailing address, telephone number and driver’s license number of the driver of the other vehicle(s). If the other driver(s) is/are not the owner(s), obtain the owner’s name and mailing address, tag or registration number and insurance information.
- Note the Date, Time, Location, Road Conditions, Make and Year of the vehicle(s) involved and any apparent damage and injuries.
- Draw a Diagram
- Take Photos
- Secure the Name, Mailing Address and phone numbers of all eyewitnesses.
- Ask the investigating officer how to obtain a copy of the accident report.
- If you believe the other party is responsible in causing the accident, notify that person’s insurance company or agent/agency to file a claim.
- Call your insurance company and let them know what has happened
- Talk to your insurance company about getting an estimate
Do you have rental cars available while my vehicle is in the shop?
Yes, Click on “Car Rentals” in the top right hand corner